Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 17, 2011

To.get.her together

So all of this prancing about like tart sounds like fun and all, but I just don't think it's for me. I need to lose 30 pounds first, I have a busy life and I am not sure I have the money. I have no fucking time for this. I have a stressful job, kids, a husband, no husband and I need to find one,  I need to get rid of one, I need a boyfriend, girlfriend, need people to just leave me alone, I have no social life because I have shit to do, I have no social life because I have shit on me, will these children ever be able to manage their own body fluids? When? Tell me there is hope!

I know the mom/wife/career (M/W/C) thing is important. It's important to me too. I can tell you that a good  M/W/C needs to recharge her battery. Everyone gets overwhelmed with the bullshit in life, even when it is caused by, or in an effort to, make happy the people we love and in pursuit of things or people we are proud of.

Those are really good reasons to take this class. Didn't you hear me? I said I was fat, broke and busy. What part of that sounds like booty shorts, spend money, take time for me?

First of all, having to lose weight before you exercise is really fucking silly and vain. If you live your whole life waiting to be perfect for the situation, it's all going to pass your ass by with or without the 30 pounds. When my boyfriend (now husband) said he was too old to go to school at 26 and get out of dead end retail jobs I told him this: You will turn 30 and 40 and 50 with or without an education. You can either get off your ass and go get it or shut up about wanting more out of your life and career. Silly him, married my ass after that :). Short story long, he went to school and graduated with a 4.0 because he wanted it, bad.  I gave him a swift kick in the dick, but he did the hard work after that. And so, dear readers, I submit the same to you. Your life will continue to march on toward death whether or not you lose the weight. If you want to lose some weight, then come on in and work your ass off. If you don't want to lose weight, come in to have fun. If you keep saying I can't X until Y, then you will always be waiting for what you want. For what it's worth, you don't have to wear shorts with your beaver peeking out. As long as they are above the knee, you're good.

Okay with the shorty pants. I am still broke. I know there are people who are genuinely, truly broke. I have been there. I am not asking anyone to skip out on their mortgage or decide not to feed their kids to come to pole class. BUT :) (never trust a big but and a smile), many people are not in a truly desperate situation. They are in a situation where they have to choose what they spend money on and what they don't. I won't try to tell you how to spend your money, I just hope that sometimes you might forego something extra- a couple of cups of coffee, a manicure, a pair of shoes you don't really need even though they are on sale- and spend the money with me instead. I think dancing with us is a great value when you consider it is a social event, an evening with adults, a huge self-esteem booster and exercise all in one. I repeat, I am not asking for you to starve your kids or get evicted. It's your choice, I just hope you choose me sometimes.

Still with me? Not too busy to finish reading this post? Busted! Ha! An hour and a half is a lot of time. You can do laundry, make dinner, do the dishes, watch a movie or have sex in an hour and a half. Hell if your life is really sad, you might be able to all of that in an hour and a half and you won't even have to choose one. If you can do all of those things in an hour and a half, you really, really need us. Seriously.

In our society, we have moved women from the home into the workplace, which is great. I like using my brain. I am sure you do too. Sometimes more than others, but I digress. We share in the earning, but in many cases, we are taking on most of the other responsibilities as well. I am among the lucky few who has a husband who does way more than his fair share of kid/house duties. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking the beneficiary of your lap dances, a babysitter, or your parents to look after your kids for an hour and a half a week. It is crazy how much an hour and a half a week can change how you see yourself, how you view the week, your life and on and on. It is something to look forward to.

This is truly a place that no matter what your size we will support you. I do not wear shorts outside of class, but I wear them in class. It is nice and dark in there and many of the women have to go buy shorts to wear to class because they are well beyond the booty short stage in life. Really, you only need shorts that go at least a few inches above your knees. As for the 30 pounds? Well, it isn't going to come off just by bitching and hiding. I know, I've tried.

 I hope I have convinced you to try it at least once. I think ideally you'd need 3 classes to get a real sense of what it's like, but give us one hour and a half and then decide. I promise you won't feel like you wasted your time, money or leave feeling worse about yourself- the future is up to you. Consider your dick kicked, your move, bitches, your move!

Piece out

No comments:

Post a Comment